Printer Ink Cartridges – Top Tips on Saving Money
Are you frustrated by the high cost of printer ink cartridges and printer toner cartridges? You can pay more for an ink cartridge than an entire printer. The cost of toner cartridges for laser printers also seems out of whack. Finding ways to reduce printing costs can quickly add up to big savings if you do a lot of printing.
Printer Discounts for Ink & Toner Premiums
Most printer manufacturers have adopted the same marketing model as razor blade companies. Sell the razor cheap – then make money with a big mark up on the blades that fit the razor. Printer companies will sell the printers at a loss in order to have you locked into buying their printer cartridges.
In addition, the printer manufacturers market heavily to convince consumers that third party products are inferior and not as reliable as the original brand cartridges. However, the original manufacturers are selling recycled cartridges and still charging full retail price. A knowledgeable consumer should be aware of what they are getting for the high cost. While some claim the high quality of OEM ink, some have found different results.
More Options for Buying Ink and Toner Cartridges
With e-commerce, consumers have more choices for printer supplies, and there are many reputable companies selling printer ink and toner cartridges at significant savings, up to 70% less than common retail prices. INK STAR offers a money back guarantee and will dispatch the same day.Here are eleven tips for saving money on printer ink and toner cartridges:
- Buy Compatible Printer Ink Cartridges | These are new cartridges made by alternative or third-party producers that meet or exceed OEM specifications for use with their printer. You will generally have good luck with compatible cartridges.
- Buy Remanufactured Printer Ink Cartridges | Some companies collect empty printer ink cartridges and refill them. They are tested to verify that they perform properly and they frequently cost a fraction of price you pay for new OEM cartridges.
- Buy an Ink Refill Kit | You can buy a kit that enables you to refill cartridges yourself. The kit includes step-by-step instructions, needed tools, and printer ink. Once you get the hang of it you can refill a cartridge in a couple of minutes.
- Buy Compatible Printer Ink Cartridges and Refills | Combine the savings by buying new compatible ink cartridges when needed, then refill them using an ink cartridge refill kit.
- Use the Printer DRAFT Mode | If you are just printing a personal or review copy, select DRAFT or FAST DRAFT mode on your printer. It uses significantly less ink. Then, when you need the good or best quality, select NORMAL or BEST. This is usually under Advanced or Options in the print window.
- Use Black and White Mode | If you don’t need to have color on the early draft of review copies, print it in black and white only. Color cartridges tend to go faster (since primary colors are combined) and cost more, so reducing the amount of color ink used will save money. Then reselect the Color mode when you are ready to print the final copy.
- Buy a Compatible Toner Cartridge | Like ink cartridges, third party manufacturers also make new toner cartridges that meet original manufacturer specifications.
- Buy a Remanufactured Cartridge | A large number of companies collect and refill empty toner cartridges. They are tested to verify performance and cost much less.
- Buy a Toner Refill Kit | With the tools, toner, and instructions provided in toner refill kits you can refill toner cartridges yourself and save even more money. Toner cartridges can be reused about 3-4 times.
- Replace the Toner Cartridge Drum | If the toner cartridge does not make quality prints, then replacing just the drum can be less expensive than replacing the whole cartridge.
- Buy our Combo Deals | If you use a substantial amount of ink or toner; buy it in bundles. You can save 10% when buying a combo deal.
While all of these tips can help you save money on printing, the biggest money saver of all is buying ink and toner cartridges online. You can buy new OEM cartridges, if you want, or buy third party new, reused, or refill kits. Ordering is easy and INKSTAR offers a money back guarantee, so there is little risk as well.
So what are you waiting for? Start saving money on printer ink and toner cartridges!